This was truly an interesting process. It was very interesting to not only learn how to better handle the camera I have had for years, but also how to do basic edits using Photoshop. For my outdoor shot of the sky and building I first metered my camera on the sky to keep it’s detail and the framed the rest of the shot in. For the inside lighting shot I knew that some of the art in the Spori building on campus had decent lighting so I took an angled shot of it to make it interesting in terms of shadows. The foreground and back ground shot’s were achieved by setting up the scene myself and simply changing the focal point of each shot I took. Finally for the composition shots I tried to find some strong leading lines outside that also offered a wider variety of colors to play with. Then I had remembered that work of art that featured the characters in a semi-circle facing outwards and thought it would a good example of lead room.
The Photoshop work was very simple and step by step but mostly my efforts were to draw out the needed lines and reduce conflicting shadows. I also altered colors to give a more lifelike feel to each shot. The choice of color that was chosen in each shot sometimes wasn’t necessary but served as practice of the technique nonetheless.